We all know how important it is to spend quality time with our significant other, but that doesn’t mean it happens as often as it should. Spending time together doesn’t have to cost a lot of money.
For many of us, me included, we don’t have a lot of extra money to spend on dates. Whether your newly together or have been together for years, we all need date nights. I’m here to give you some great Inexpensive Date Ideas to do in the Winter time. Summer is easy, lots of cheap date ideas in the summer – but winter is a whole other ball and chain.
Dinner and a Movie doesn’t have to be the be all end all, there are lots of ways to express your love for one another without breaking the bank.
- Sledding or Ice Skating – This is a great plan if you have some snow or maybe an ice skating rink. Remember doing this as a child? So much fun and can literally cost a skate rental if you don’t have your own skates. Don’t forget the Hot Chocolate, that’s a must!
- Museum – Check out a local Museum. This is a great way to keep your costs down, learn a thing or two and spend quality time together. There are all kinds of Museums, from Art to Science, there will surely be a Museum near you that you can both agree on, or surprise them and go to one neither of you have been.
- Brewery/Winery – Check out your local Brewery or Winery for a taste testing – this is usually way more affordable than going to a bar and you will likely find a new favorite. The nice thing about tastings is that you usually try multiple types and the process of learning about each wine/beer is a bonus to the experience.
- Food Trucks – Do you have Food Trucks in your city? This is a nice inexpensive meal and then take a stroll in your downtown area, this will be a great way to chat and learn more about your city. Obviously this isn’t available for everyone but there are some really great Food Trucks out there.
- Take-Out and a Movie – Sounds like a cozy evening at home. Order out with Chinese or Pizza and have a Netflix kind of night. Amazon Prime is another option and if you don’t have membership to either of these then stop by your closest Redbox, I’m pretty sure they are national at this point. Just remember to keep it light if your early in your relationship, don’t want to scare them off with a Horror Movie if you aren’t sure if they are into those type of movies or not.
- Game Night – Break out the board game and have a fun night together. My HH and I enjoy a good game of UNO or Sorry, two of my favorites but the possibilities are endless. Yahtzee is a good one, Monopoly takes too long and Life just may not be the most appropriate depending on the stage your in in your relationship HA! Choose wisely.
- Karaoke or Local Band Night – This is a fun night out, even if you can’t sing it’s fun to watch or go and support a local band. Even a local Comedy Night would be a great date night. I find music and laughter go together so either is a winner.
- Walk or Hike – Just be sure and dress warm – nature is beautiful this time of year too. Have you ever gone out for a walk when it’s snowing, it’s almost magical – peaceful – calming, a beautiful way to get to know your partner or a good way to catch up.
- Hot Cocoa War – Who can make the best Hot Cocoa? Peppermint, Peanut Butter – be as creative as you can and then cuddle up in front of the fireplace and enjoy each other’s company. This just sounds like an absolute blast. I love flavored Hot Chocolate and to add a bit of whip cream, how can you go wrong.
- Cook for Them – Who usually does all the cooking? Maybe it’s the other person’s turn to cook for you. Enjoy the night off and take in a relaxing evening. Hopefully they will clean up too! Ha!