In today’s post I am going to talk about ways you can Achieve Your Goals as well as Setting Goals. No matter the size of your goal, achieving it can lead to a happier life.
A Harvard Business Study found that the 3% of graduates from their MBA program who had their goals written down, ended up earning ten times as much as the other 97% put together, just ten years after graduation.
So what do you want to Achieve this year? Have you given it any thought? That of course is the first step.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE?
Is this a Long Term or a Short Term Goal. Go ahead, write it down. This is a key component when setting your Goal(s).
Once you know your Goal(s) set them up as SMART Goals.
- Time Bound
Why Do We Set Goals?
Setting goals gives you a long term vision with a short term motivation. It’s important to have some attainable levels along the way for your long term goals so you can feel like you are getting closer to realizing your goals.
Many people from all walks of life set goals – from the Successful Business person to Top Athletes and everyone in-between.
It’s important to set clearly defined goals that you can measure and then take pride when you achieve them. As you start to realize your goals your Self Esteem will go up as well.
Tips for Setting Goals
Per Mind Tools, these tips will help you in achieving your goals:
- State each goal as a positive statement – Express your goals positively – “Execute this technique well” is a much better goal than “Don’t make this stupid mistake.”
- Be precise – Set precise goals, putting in dates, times and amounts so that you can measure achievement. If you do this, you’ll know exactly when you have achieved the goal, and can take complete satisfaction from having achieved it.
- Set priorities – When you have several goals, give each a priority. This helps you to avoid feeling overwhelmed by having too many goals, and helps to direct your attention to the most important ones.
- Write goals down – This crystallizes them and gives them more force.
- Keep operational goals small – Keep the low-level goals that you’re working towards small and achievable. If a goal is too large, then it can seem that you are not making progress towards it. Keeping goals small and incremental gives more opportunities for reward.
- Set performance goals, not outcome goals – You should take care to set goals over which you have as much control as possible. It can be quite dispiriting to fail to achieve a personal goal for reasons beyond your control!In business, these reasons could be bad business environments or unexpected effects of government policy. In sport, they could include poor judging, bad weather, injury, or just plain bad luck.If you base your goals on personal performance, then you can keep control over the achievement of your goals, and draw satisfaction from them.
- Set realistic goals – It’s important to set goals that you can achieve. All sorts of people (for example, employers, parents, media, or society) can set unrealistic goals for you. They will often do this in ignorance of your own desires and ambitions.It’s also possible to set goals that are too difficult because you might not appreciate either the obstacles in the way, or understand quite how much skill you need to develop to achieve a particular level of performance.
Adding a few more tips I’ve read through the years and steps I actually take when setting my own goals.
- VISUALIZE it – What I mean is see yourself as already achieving your goal. Close your eyes and see it when you go to bed at night, see it when your in the shower. I even meditate and see myself reaching my goals.
- VISUAL BOARD – Have you heard of these? This is a great way for your brain to “see” what you want to achieve. Whether you draw it yourself or cut pictures out of a magazine. Hang it on your refrigerator or near your vanity mirror. Somewhere you will see it every day.
- TAKE ACTION – Along with writing down your goals be sure you start a journal so you can log what steps you are taking towards your goals. Even give yourself deadlines and be sure you are moving in the right direction. Staying idle has never moved anyone forward.
Be Sure and Celebrate your Achievements along the Way! This will help encourage you to keep going. Give yourself a nice Reward.
What tips have you used to help you reach your goals? My readers would love to know what really works. Leave your comments below.
===>If your goal is to make more money in 2019 and you would like to work from home. Take a peak at Wealthy Affiliate by clicking on the picture below.